Sunday, January 16, 2011

Useful Korean expression - Making a plan! 약속잡기

Hi 안녕하세요, everyone :)
It's been a loooooooonnnnnnnngggggggggg time! 너무 너무 오랜만이에요 ㅠㅠ Missed you*
I've been doing internship(인턴쉽), so was quite busy to post a new blog.
Guess what?! There are only 4days to go >< Olleh!!!!!
Today, no work to do.. 할 일이 없어요.... almost bored to death!!!!! 지겨워 죽겠다!!!!o_O

hm... then.....시작해볼까요? ㅋㅋㅋ




1. 어디(에)서 볼까? Where do you want to meet up?
    Uh Dee (Eh) Seo Bol Kka?

보통 약속을 잡을 때 '장소 Jang So' 를 먼저 정해야겠죠? We should decide where to meet first, right?!
에 (Eh) can be omitted, and there is no difference :D

2. 몇 시에 만날까? What time do you want to meet up?
 Meot See Eh Man Nal Kka?

ex) 내일 세시에 서울역 3번 출입구에서 보자.
Let's meet up at Seoul station exit 3, at 3 tomorrow.
Usually, we say 'the time' first, and then 'the place' next.

3. 금요일 저녁에 약속 있어? Do you have a plan for Friday night?
Geom Yo Ill Jeo Neok Eh Yak Seok It Uh?

ex) A: 이번 주말에 약속있어? 영화나 볼까? Do you have a plan on this weekend? Want to see a movie?
B: 이번 주말엔 안될 것 같아. 친구 결혼식에 참석해야해. I'm sorry, but I don't think I can.  I should attend my friend's wedding.

4. 혹시 시간이 되면, 연락줘. If you have time, please give me a call.
Hok Si Si Gan E Deo Myeon, Yeon Lak Juh.

We use a verb 'give' for 전화, 문자 and 연락 or just use nouns as verbs like 'call me, or text me'.
전화를 주다. 문자를 주다. or 전화를 하다. 연락을 하다.
so, you can either say, 전화해~ or 전화줘~ :D



혹시 means 'IF' and you can also use it when you are not sure of something.
ex) 혹시 우리 만난 적이 있던가요? Have we met by any chance?
혹시 모르니까 전화해봐. Give him a call just in case.

5. 정말 미안한데, 오늘 약속 취소해야 할 것 같아. ㅠㅠ
                                                                        I am really sorry, but I will have to cancel our plan today.
Jeong Mal Mee An Han Dae, Oh Neul Yak Sok Chui So Hae Ya Hal Gut Gat Ah.

If you don't want to use that strong word 'CANCLE 취소' (haha) you may want to use this word 'Delay 미루다'.
ex) 오늘 약속 내일로 미룰 수 있을까?

+ tip!  To not to make your friend upset from delaying, say this.
미안 미안 미안 *100 내가 밥살게. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I am sooooo sorry! I will buy you a meal. :D hahaha


***Today's words***
약속 (Yack Sok) - promise 
출입구 (Ceul Eep Gu) - exit
참석하다 (Cham Suk Ha Da) - to attend
혹시 (Hok Si) - by any chance
연락 (Yeon Lak) - contact, call
취소 (Chui So) - Cancel
미루다 (Mi Ru Da) - to delay

2 comments:

  1. 아주 유용한 입니다^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! ... you should continue with this ^^

    ReplyDelete